Here some quotes on my latest reading.
On lifelong learning / Learning to learn
- When confronted with new learning, this is often our first roadblock: We focus on the negative and unconsciously reinforce our lack of aspiration
- That requires a willingness to experiment and become a novice again and again: an extremely discomforting notion for most of us.
- The ability to learn faster than your competitors may be the only sustainable competitive advantage.
On lifelong learning / Making Yourself Indispensable
- If it’s clear that you can perform all your responsibilities at a high level, you are no longer in the right job.
- A strength you feel passionate about that is not important to your organization is essentially a hobby, and a strength the organization needs that you don’t feel passionate about is just a chore
Cross Silo Leadership
- The value of horizontal teamwork is widely recognized. Employees who can reach outside their silos to find colleagues with complementary expertise learn more, sell more, and gain skills faster