I am mentoring someone interested in DevOps and CloudOps field. Let us try to fix a training plan that will help.
This is only a guideline, not a tutorial on how to do each steep. Google it, you will find everything you need.
My recommendation is that DevOps and Cloud training has a cost, but cheap.
Get a server on GCP or AWS is cheap but not free. I will recommend getting a domain name it’s cheap but not free.
Here are some steeps to follow.
- Buy a domain name. firstnamelastname.com, whatever.ovh, or .fr. it’s about 10€ per year for a .com, 3€ for a .ovh, I’m sure you can find some cheap domain. Try “google domain”, “ovh domain”, “gandi domain” in a search engine, should explain how to get a domain.
Why? to activate https. A website is not finished if there is no “https”.
It will be for training purpose, not to have a website 24/7 (little more costly, we will see later to find cheap solution for that)
- Open an account on a cloud provider like Google Cloud Provider or AWS.
- Understand difference between Iaas, Paas, Saas, Caas and Faas. Just briefly.
- Run a VM (cheapest one) on the provider
- Point your DNS zone on your VM
- Install apache and get a hello http page.
- Activate https with let’s encrypt (check certbot)
- Install PHP and display some phpinfo();
- Turn off the VM (maybe just turn it off, don’t destroy it, it is cheaper)
This should do an introduction about CloudOps.