YAML is everywhere in the DevOps WorldDocker
Should you learn YAML as a beginner DevOps. Yes, this is a fact, I deal with YAML all day long.
- Gitlab CI? YAML!
- Github Action? YAML!
- Kubernetes? YAML!
- Terraform/HashiCorp? HCL! Okay, not this one.
- Docker, Docker Swarm, Docker Compose? YAML!
- Laravel Sail? YAML of course, it's based on Docker compose.
- GCP Deployment templates? YAML!
- OpenAPI? YAML!
- Symfony configuration? YAML!
- You name it? YAML for sure!
I remember a Laravel developper who did not yant to deal with any yaml, unreadable he said.
Better to get comfortable with it, and learn some basics if needed. You'll find lots of tutorials on the web or on youtube.